Monday, March 26, 2007

Retraction

Just goes to show how an accusation can ruin a life. I think some parents have some explaining to do...

CLEARED JANITOR: 'BRANDED FOR LIFE'

The Brooklyn school janitor wrongly accused of raping an 8-year-old student described yesterday his chilling, Kafkaesque journey through the system, complete with grizzled detectives badgering him to confess and correction officers branding him a child rapist before tossing him in a cell with other inmates.

"This is the first time in my life I have ever been arrested, handcuffed, taken through the gutter. Can you imagine walking down the street and people saying, 'There's the guy who raped an 8-year-old'?

"I am branded. I am branded for life," said 58-year-old Francis Evelyn.

His ordeal began on Monday, when he was called into the principal's office of PS 91 in Crown Heights, where he has worked for more than 20 years, and told he was under arrest for raping the little girl.

No comments: