Paradise Valley High School teacher and cheerleading coach is the seventh adult in Valley schools since September accused of sexual misconduct with a minor.
Of the seven, three were female high school teachers suspected of having sex with minors.
In the Paradise Valley case, Jennifer Diane Mally was accused of having sex 29 times with a 16-year-old student at her home, his home and in her car. According to court records, the relationship started around Oct. 1, just weeks after the school year began.
Mally, a married Scottsdale resident in her second year at Paradise Valley High, was released Thursday on $18,000 bond. She was placed under house arrest, required to wear an electronic monitor and ordered to avoid contact with minors.
Other cases of suspected abuse:
• On April 26, Scottsdale police arrested Tom Porras, 49, a former pro football player who was substitute-teaching and coaching at Saguaro High School. He was accused of public sexual indecency with a 17-year-old female student. The case is pending.
• On April 19, the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office reported the arrest of Judith Wallace, 37, a teacher at D.W. Higgins Institute, a charter high school in Tempe. She was accused of two counts of sexual conduct with a minor, who was 15 at the time.
• On Jan. 30, Gilbert police arrested Jeri Deanne Perez, 38, a student teacher at South Valley Junior High. She faces six counts of sexual conduct with a minor, who was 14. Police said the victim was not a student at the school but that Perez met him through her job there.
• On Jan. 9, Gilbert police arrested Jeremy Ross Calvert, 20, who was a contract band instructor at Highland High School. He faces charges of sexual assault, sexual abuse, sexual conduct with a minor and kidnapping. The incident, involving a 15-year-old girl, took place in November.
• On Dec. 14, Glendale police arrested Deforest Hollingsworth, 28, a security guard at Ironwood High School. He was charged with sexual conduct with a minor, a 14-year-old girl.
• On Sept. 13, Buckeye police arrested Joshua Joel Jacobson, a physical-education teacher and soccer coach at Rainbow Valley Elementary School. He is accused of sexual abuse and child molestation in incidents with a student who was 13 when the suspected abuse started in 2003.
Friday, May 4, 2007
PV teacher's arrest among recent 7